What is personal information?
- Your name, address, phone number(s), email address and signature;
- The products or services from us which you use or subscribe to;
- Account information including methods of payment, balances and credit status.
How is your information collected and used?
We may collect your personal information in a few different ways with specific purposes in mind.
- when you request a quotation
- when we generate a proposal
- when we generate an invoice for a product or service requested by you
- when you pay an invoice online or by conventional methods
This information is generally transmitted and stored electronically but may also be stored securely in paper files at our office.
Your personal information is not for sale and will not be otherwise given to anyone without a court order. On our online quote request or other contact forms, if you wish not to be added to our mailing or marketing lists, you will not be. In a nutshell, we don’t appreciate spam email or like having our dinner interrupted any more than you do.
What about cookies?
Cookies taste great, especially the double-stuff fudge variety!
Seriously though, a ‘cookie’ is a small text file that helps our website identify your computer. So our website may place one in your browser as you visit which helps us know what pages you visited so we can always improve our site information and experience.
However, these little files are not linked to your name or other personal information (including your email address) automatically or manually. Accepting cookies is the default action of most web browsers today and you have the ability to read, delete or not accept them at all.
While our website will function without cookies, if they are refused, some preference settings and personalization options will not work.
Will any of your information be stored outside of Canada?
We strive to keep as many of our support services within Canada both in the interest of privacy as well as to support other Canadian businesses and our neighbours.
Unfortunately, not all the services we need to operate our business are available domestically. Therefore when you interact with some of our support services, your personal information may be stored and processed outside of Canada. The companies that provide us with these offshore services have obligations to protect your information and ensure that all online transactions are conducted over a secured, encrypted connection.
Any information they collect for us is strictly to be used only for conducting the service in question (i.e. storing your signature on a contract). They do not sell or remarket your personal information.
Is hanging around on the Insignis Design website secure?
Yes. The entire connection you share with Insignis Design Inc. is secured end-to-end with a highly encrypted connection with dual security certificates. The connection between you and our content delivery network is secured as is the connection from that network to our web server.
Our online payment processor is fully PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliant. No credit card information is stored at Insignis Design offices in your file, on Post-It notes® or on any of our local servers or computers. Any credit card information you enter on our behalf is done directly on Stripe’s system and we only ever see the last four digits of your card.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
We simply don’t share your personal information with any third-party. There are only a few exceptions where it may be necessary for us to do so, these are, a:
- sub-contractor acting on behalf of Insignis Design to complete work for your project;
- company we resell services for who will be providing service to you through us (i.e Google or a hosting account)
- collection agency or credit bureau for the express purpose of collecting overdue invoices or establishing credit terms
There are a couple of circumstances where we can disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent:
- Investigating a breach of contract, or the breaking of provicnial or federal law;
- To comply with a subpoena court order or other lawful request;
- In an emergency where someone’s life, health or security is threatened.
Questions or concerns?
We will be happy to entertain any questions or concerns you may have about this privacy statement or our practices.
- Insignis Design Inc.
55 Flanders Road
If you feel your question or concern has not be adequately addressed, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street